eCore seeks outstanding, motivated University System of Georgia faculty members to teach eCore courses.
After submitting this form, you will receive an automated electronic response form to print out. On this form, you will be asked to provide original signatures of the Department Chairperson, Academic Dean, and Chief Academic Officer, documenting institutional support for your participation in eCore. You will also receive a copy of the eCore Faculty Memorandum of Understanding, which must be signed by all prospective faculty members before they are assigned an eCore class. Once all required signatures are obtained, the completed documentation should be sent to:
Christy Talley Smith
eCore Director of Curriculum & Instruction
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Faculty Selection Criteria
- Formal appointment as a USG faculty member.
- Approval of Department Chair, Academic Dean, and Chief Academic Officer.
- Commitment to teach for at least one semester. Preference is given to faculty members who can teach at least one course in fall or spring. Faculty members who meet the criteria outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding may be invited to teach in future semesters.
- Satisfaction of SACS accreditation criteria: USG faculty members must have at least a master's degree with a minimum of 18 completed graduate hours in the teaching discipline. Completion of a doctoral degree is preferred.
- Mastery of basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate websites, manage email, work with attached files, and perform other basic computer tasks. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Brightspace, and basic HTML is preferred.
- Participation in an annual eCore training workshop at the University of West Georgia in Carrollton (location subject to change).
- Commitment to teach eCore courses as developed and systematically reviewed and revised by USG faculty teams and to use the approved course textbook(s).