Faculty and Staff
Become an eCore Instructor
USG eCampus seeks outstanding, motivated University System of Georgia faculty members to teach eCore courses. If you are already teaching at a USG institution, you can apply to teach eCore courses by completing the online application form. You should submit your CV along with your graduate transcripts via the online form. You will also need to review and submit the eCore Memorandum of Understanding (link coming soon).
On the eCore faculty approval form, you will be asked to provide original signatures of the Department Chairperson, Academic Dean, and VPAA/Provost, documenting institutional support for your participation in eCore. All required paperwork and forms must be submitted by prospective faculty members before they are assigned an eCore class.
- Complete the Memorandum of Understanding
- Print the appropriate approval form and obtain signatures and return to USG eCampus
Attach your transcripts and CV with the online form.
Required eCore Faculty Hiring Paperwork
- Graduate Transcripts
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Faculty Expectations (link coming soon)
- Faculty Approval Forms
Christy Talley Smith
Director of Curriculum & Instruction USG eCampus
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Faculty Selection Criteria
- Formal appointment as a USG faculty member.
- Approval of Department Chair, Academic Dean, and Chief Academic Officer.
- Commitment to teach for at least one semester. Preference is given to faculty members who can teach at least one course in fall or spring. Faculty members who meet the criteria outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding may be invited to teach in future semesters.
- Satisfaction of SACSCOC accreditation criteria: USG faculty members must have at least a master's degree with a minimum of 18 completed graduate hours in the teaching discipline. Completion of a doctoral degree is preferred.
- Mastery of basic computer skills, including the ability to navigate websites, manage email, work with attached files, and perform other basic computer tasks. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Brightspace, and basic HTML is preferred.
- Participation in an annual eCore training workshop at the University of West Georgia in Carrollton (location subject to change).
- Commitment to teach eCore courses as developed and systematically reviewed and revised by USG faculty teams and to use the approved course textbook(s).