Accessing GoVIEW Internationally
Lab Science Courses
Lab science courses require the purchase of a corresponding lab kit. While vendors are able to ship overseas, some kits may require materials that cannot be shipped internationally. Additional postage costs may also be required for international shipping of lab kits. Students should review the following information prior to registering for a lab science eCore course while located outside of the United States.
Biology (BIOL 1011K)
Biology kits can be shipped overseas. International shipping costs vary by location.
Chemistry (CHEM 1211K and CHEM 1212K)
Some chemicals contained in the Chemistry lab kit cannot be shipped overseas. A modified kit can be shipped if the student can find the remaining materials in their location. International shipping costs vary by location.
Geology kits can be shipped overseas. International shipping costs vary by location.
Each eCore course requires at least one (but no more than two) proctored exam. Below are frequently asked questions regarding options for taking a proctored exam while outside of the United States.
- Virtual Proctoring: eCore offers multiple options for virtual proctoring via your own computer. Directions on how to register for a virtual proctoring session, as well as specific hardware, software, and internet requirements, are listed on the Proctored Exam page of the eCore website.
- Local College or University: Schedule the proctored exam with an onground (local) institution. Student will be responsible for finding and contacting a local institution about the proctored exam and communicating this information to the USG eCampus testing department at email@example.com. eCampus testing staff will then work with the local institution to arrange for the exam. Note that an English-speaking contact is required for all face-to-face exam proctoring.
- Study Abroad Faculty: If traveling as part of a study abroad program with their home institution, students may make arrangements to be proctored by a faculty member/chaperone of the group. The student will need to make initial arrangements with the eCore instructor. Home institution policies that restrict the faculty member’s ability to proctor an exam may also be a factor in these cases.
- Military Members: Active duty military may use their local Educational Resource Officer (ERO) as an exam proctor. Students are responsible for contacting the ERO about the exam and communicating this information to the USG eCampus Testing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. eCampus testing staff will then work with the ERO to arrange for the exam.
- Exam Extension: If the student plans to return to the U.S. within the semester, an exam extension may be given so that it may be proctored upon return. Students must obtain prior approval for an exam extension from their eCore instructor.
Payment for online proctored exams is required at the time that the appointment is scheduled. All transactions through the provided eCore testing vendors will be in US Dollars. If possible, it is best to schedule and pay for online exam appointments while still in the United States.
When scheduling a virtual proctored exam, students should do so using the timezone in which they will be located when they plan to take the exam.
We understand that military students may be out of contact or at a location that cannot be disclosed. This will require extra coordination with the ERO. Military students are encouraged to keep their eCore professor apprised of their current status.