After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify sets of numbers.
- Solve a variety of equations, inequalities, and systems of equations.
- Define the concept of function.
- Analyze and sketch graphs of polynomial, rational, exponential, and logarithmic functions including transformations.
- Use appropriate technology to solve problems.
- Lesson 1 - Review of Real Numbers and their Properties
- Lesson 2 - Exponents and Radicals
- Lesson 3 - Polynomials, Special Products and Factoring
- Lesson 4 - Operations with Rational Expressions
- Lesson 5 - Linear Equations in One Unknown with Applications
- Lesson 6 - Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Lesson 7 - Linear Inequalities with One Unknown
- Lesson 8 - Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
- Lesson 9 - The Cartesian Plane and Circles
- Lesson 10 - Relations, Functions, and Their Graphs
- Lesson 11 - Linear Functions of a Single Variable with Applications
- Lesson 12 - Systems of Equations and Applications
- Lesson 13 - Quadratic Functions
- Lesson 14 - Polynomial and Rational Functions
- Lesson 15 - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Your final grade will be based on the following breakdown. Please note that each instructor may choose to make modifications.
- Participation/Discussions – 5%
- Quizzes – 15%
- Tests (4) – 40%
- Proctored Midterm Exam – 20%
- Proctored Final Exam – 20%
You will need access to a graphing calculator. The TI-83, TI-83 plus, or TI-84-plus graphing calculator is highly recommended.