Lab Kit Ordering Instructions:
Your course requires the purchase of a lab kit. It contains all of the materials you will need to perform the labs for this course. Please order in advance of the course start date!
Order Directly from eScience Labs:
Your lab kit is available directly from the eScience Labs website. They will ship it directly to you.
Your SKU is: KIT1961
To place your order, follow the steps outlined below:
- 1.Go to www.esciencelabs.com
- Go to the top right corner and register a new account (if you do not have one already)
- Once logged in, click on the “Have Code?” button on the upper right side of the page
- Enter your SKU, KIT1961 and proceed to check out
Check with your bookstore:
Bookstores may offer lab kit vouchers that are redeemable with eScience Labs. Be sure to check with your bookstore for this option. To redeem your vouchers:
- Go to www.esciencelabs.com
- Click on the Create Account button in upper right-hand corner
- Once your account is created, click on HAVE A CODE and enter the kit code below.
- Follow the checkout process
Due to Covid-19, please allow up to 10 business days to process your order. eScience Labs ships all lab kits through standard UPS Ground. Please call 1-888-ESL-KITS for more information.
Please let students know to contact us if they have any questions about the kits at www.eScienceLabs.com/Support. Then Click on “Student” button. This is the fastest way for students to get help.
We can also be reached over the phone (888-375-5487) Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm Mountain Standard time.
eScience Labs Return Policy:
- These science kits are warranted only to contain their stated list of equipment and supplies.
- Only fully intact and resalable products returned within 30 days of receipt qualify for a refund.
- Student must contact eScience Labs, Inc. in advance to request a Return Merchandise Authorization and shipping instructions.
- Kits returned without a Return Merchandise Authorization will be refused by eScience Labs.
- Authorization of refund will be completed within 3-5 days of receiving the returned kit.
- A restocking fee equal to 10% of the product price for inspecting and restocking and any return shipping costs will be deducted from any refund.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the mechanisms of evolution and how speciation can occur.
- Explain how and why biologists classify living things as they do.
- Correctly name different groups of organisms and explain how organisms in these groups survive in their particular environments.
- Define several of the important morphological traits for some groups, such as plants, fungi and animals.
- Describe and explain the function of various animal organ systems, as well as the processes of reproduction and development.
- Characterize the relationships of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings, including how ecosystems as a whole are interconnected and interdependent.
- Recognize the importance and methods of conserving biodiversity.
- Unit 1: Evolution & Its Processes
- Unit 2: Diversity of Life
- Unit 3: Diversity of Microbes, Fungi, & Protists
- Unit 4: Diversity of Plants
- Unit 5: Diversity of Animals
- Unit 6: The Body's Systems
- Unit 7: The Immune System & Diseases
- Unit 8: Animal Reproduction & Development
- Unit 9: Population & Community Ecology
- Unit 10: Ecosystems & The Biosphere
- Unit 11: Conservation & Biodiversity
Your final grade will be based on the following breakdown. Please note that each instructor may choose to make modifications.
- Attendance Verification - 1%
- Discussions - 10%
- Quizzes - 25%
- Assignments - 9%
- Labs - 25%
- Midterm Exam - 15%
- Final Exam - 15%
* The midterm and/or the final will be proctored.