After completing this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of various functions such as:
- definition of a function
- domain and range
- average rate of change
- algebraic combinations
- inverse functions
- Sketch and analyze the graphs of algebraic, trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic, and inverse trigonometric functions.
- Set up and solve word problems using algebraic, trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic, and inverse trigonometric functions.
- Solve equations using algebraic, trigonometric, exponential, logarithmic, and inverse trigonometric functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic trigonometric identities and formulas.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic properties of logarithmic and exponentials functions.
- Analyze when the use of technology is appropriate and when to apply the technology.
- Unit 1 – Equations
- Unit 2 – Functions
- Unit 3 – Polynomial Functions
- Unit 4 – Rational Functions
- Unit 5 – Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Unit 6 – Introduction to Trigonometric Functions
- Unit 7 – Graphs of Trigonometric Functions and Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Unit 8 – Analytic Geometry
- Unit 9 – Applications of Trigonometry
Your final grade will be based on the following breakdown. Please note that each instructor may choose to make modifications.
- Participation/Discussion – 5%
- Quizzes – 15%
- Online Exams (4) – 40%
- Proctored Midterm Exam – 20%
- Proctored Final Exam – 20%
The use of a calculator is required for this course:
The information and instructions in this course are designed for and geared towards the Texas Instruments Calculator, TI-83. The calculator tutorial supplied in this course is designed around the TI-83. Support or help from your instructor will not be provided for any other calculator. Therefore, it is in your best interest to make your calculator purchase the TI-83.