After completing this course, you will be able to
- Demonstrate the ability to compare, contrast and understand diverse literary texts, authors, and genres.
- Analyze themes and ideas pertinent to World Literature from the mid-seventeenth century to the present.
- Comprehend how historical or literary movements shape our understanding of literature.
- Unit 1 - Introduction
- UNIT 2 - Analyzing Literary Genres and History
- UNIT 3 - Literature of the Later Early Modern Period
- UNIT 4 - Literature of the Enlightenment
- UNIT 5 - Colonialism and Expansionism Literature
- UNIT 6 - Literature of the Industrial Revolution
- UNIT 7 - Modernism and Post-War Literature
- UNIT 8 - Postmodern and Postcolonial Literature
Your final grade will be based on the following breakdown. Please note that each instructor may choose to make modifications.
- Discussions and Participation – 35%
- Writing Assignments (2) – 30%
- Proctored Midterm Exam – 15%
- Final Researched Essay – 20%